Online Store Directory
Spiritual Meditations and Exercises
Who We Are and What We Teach
Brotherhood of Light Lessons: Course Books on Astrology, Alchemy and Tarot
Calendar of Activities
Astrological Sunday Services
Church of Light TV
March 21 thru April 21
Keyword: I Am
Thoughts ruled by this sign belong to the Egoistical Series
Best quality: Leadership
Worst quality: Officiousness
Synonyms: active, ambitious, being, bossy,
bureaucratic, character, combative, control, dauntless, direction, ego,
egocentric, endurance, enterprising, enthusiastic, executive, exist, facade, fiery, forceful, fussy, headstrong, governance, guidance, identity, imperious,
impulsive, independent, intelligent, interfering, intrusive, makeup,
management, meddlesome, militant, nature, optimistic, overbearing, perceptive,
person, persona, personality, pioneering, self-important, temperament, vain.
Spiritual Aries Exercises
By Christopher Gibson
Over the next week take the time to reread the text on spiritual Aries and to answer the following questions. The answers to these questions and subsequent Spiritual Exercises will form your journal of spiritual self-inquiry. This writing process can deepen your understanding of Hermetic Philosophy and The Brotherhood of Light Lessons, as well as provide insights into your own spiritual practices. Over time, you will gain in greater self-discovery, and have the means of tracking your own process of spiritual maturation.
- What are your earliest memories of having an awareness of Self-Consciousness (I Am)?
- Can you describe the memory or event?
- What is your concept of self (Who am I?)?
- Has it altered or changed in the course of your lifetime?
- How does your need to be “You” impact your daily life?
- How do you express your sense of self, or ego?
- Are there special places or activities that make you feel more intimately connected to who you are at the core of your being?
- What are these places or activities?
- How do you define self-esteem? Pride? Self-worth?
- In what areas of life do you feel a deep sense of pride, significance or accomplishment?
- When do you have opportunities to express leadership in the world?
- Who are the persons you lead?
- Do you suffer from a sense of self-importance?
- Do you ever feel that other people just don’t want to do things your way? Does this make you feel unappreciated?
- Under what circumstances do you bully, or try to force others to do your bidding?
- What activities make you feel more vital and alive?
- What stands in the way of your pursuing those activities?
- Where is the sign of Aries in your horoscope? Does it fall on a house cusp? If so, which one? How does Aries impact your thinking in this area of your life?
- Do you have any planets in Aries? If so, which planet/s? How do these planets influence you?
- What important life lessons can you learn about the role of Aries in your chart?