Online Store Directory
Spiritual Meditations and Exercises
Who We Are and What We Teach
Brotherhood of Light Lessons: Course Books on Astrology, Alchemy and Tarot
Calendar of Activities
Astrological Sunday Services
Church of Light TV
Spiritual Cancer Meditation | Hermetic Astrology
July 23 thru August 23
Keyword: I Will
Thoughts ruled by this sign belong to the
Best quality: Kindness
Worst quality: Domination
Synonyms: Determination, resolve, willpower, motivation, drive, spirit, backbone, self-control, courage, nerve, pluck, daring, audacity, bravery, mettle, resolution, power, control, command, authority, supremacy, reign, rule, influence, thoughtfulness, humanity, consideration, respect, concern.
“Any Accomplishment Truly Worth While Requires the Exercise of Courage.”
Over the next week take the time to reread the text on spiritual Cancer and to answer the following questions. The answers to these questions and subsequent Spiritual Exercises will form your journal of spiritual self-inquiry. This writing process can deepen your understanding of Hermetic Philosophy and The Brotherhood of Light Lessons, as well as provide insights into your own spiritual practices. Over time, you will gain in greater self-discovery, and have the means of tracking your own process of spiritual maturation.
- What are your earliest memories of being excited about your creative self-expression? Can you describe your memories of that event?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rate your level of creative self-expression during your life?
- What are your favorite outlets for fun and creativity?
- As a child, what activities were most fun for you?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rate your level of self-worth and self-esteem?
- Are you often frustrated that other people don’t follow proper etiquette, or play by the rules?
- Do you ever exhibit the tendency to dominate or bully other people? What triggers those desires?
- Would you prefer that others unquestioningly follow your way of doing things?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rate your sense of personal pride?
- Has your sense of pride ever cost you your personal or professional relationships? Describe the event/s?
- Who are the recipients of your greatest generosity, magnanimity, or kindness?
- To the best of your memory, what have been your greatest acts of bravery or courageousness?
- Where is the sign of Leo in your horoscope? Does it fall on a house cusp? If so, which one? How does Leo impact your thinking in this area of your life?
- Do you have any planets in Leo? If so, which planet/s? How do these planets influence you?
- What import life lessons can you learn about the role of Leo in your chart?