Spiritual Virgo Exercise
August 23 thru September 23
Keyword: I Analyze
Best Quality: Analysis
Worst Quality: Criticism
anatomize, consider, categorize, classify, differentiate, dissect, distinguish, examine, evaluate, explore, inquire, inspect, investigate, probe, question,
query, research, review, scrutinize, separate, study, survey, test.
“If a Man Sows Discordant Thoughts He Will Reap Painful Experiences, But if He Sows Thoughts of Harmony He Will Garner Success and Happiness.”
—C. C. Zain, Course 7
Spiritual Virgo Exercises
Over the next month take the time to
reread the text on spiritual Virgo and to
answer the following questions. The answers to these questions and subsequent
Spiritual Exercises will form a journal of spiritual self-inquiry. This writing
process will deepen your understanding of The Brotherhood of Light Lessons and
Hermetic Philosophy as well as provide insight to your own spiritual process.
Over time, you will gain in greater self-discovery and self-realization and have
the means of tracking your own process of spiritual maturation.
- What are your earliest memories of an awareness of both good and evil in the
- Can you describe an event?
- How did this change or impact you?
- How do you discern what is good and what is evil in your life?
- How do the concepts of good and bad deeds inform your daily decision making?
- How do the qualities of analysis and discernment find expression in your daily
- How do you define harmony?
- How do you define discord?
- Do you have evaluations of good or bad associated with harmony or discord?
- Describe a situation in your life where discordant thinking was followed by
- How do you recognize your own discordant thinking?
- What techniques do you use to alter your discordant mental processes?
- Describe a situation in your life where harmonious thinking was followed by
experiences of success and happiness?
- How do you recognize your own harmonious thinking?
- What techniques do you use to enhance more harmonious mental processes?
- Where is the sign of Virgo in your horoscope?
- Does it fall on a house cusp? If so, which one?
- How does Virgo impact your thinking in this area of your life?
- Do you have any planets in Virgo? If so, which planet/s?
- How does this influence you?
- What important life lessons can you learn about the role of Virgo in your chart?