Spiritual Scorpio Exercise
October 23 thru November 22
Keyword: I Desire
ache, aspiration, bothersome, covet, crave, creative, difficult, drive, hunger, impetus, incentive, longing, lust, motivation, need, passion, spur, stimulus, want, wish, yearn.
“Through Sex Individuals Contact the Inner Planes, Drawing into Themselves, According to Their Mood, the Finest Energies that Vivify the Spaces or the Grossest Forces from the Fetid Border Spheres.”
—C. C. Zain, Course 7,
Spiritual Scorpio Exercises
By Christopher Gibson
Over the next week take the time to reread the text on
spiritual Scorpio and to answer the following questions. The answers to these
questions and subsequent Spiritual Exercises will form a journal of spiritual
self-inquiry. This writing process will deepen your understanding of The
Brotherhood of Light Lessons and Hermetic Philosophy as well as provide insights
into your own spiritual processes. Over time, you will gain in greater
self-discovery and self-realization and have the means of tracking your own
process of spiritual maturation.
- Do you have a memory of a time that you felt passionately about a project or subject matter?
- Describe the project or subject matter that moved you.
- How did this event or personal passion change or impact you?
- How do you determine if the things you feel passionately about are constructive or destructive?
- How does passion play a role in your daily decision making?
- Do you have techniques that help you to feel more passionately about your life?
- How do you define constructive desires?
- How do you define destructive desires?
- Describe a situation in your life where following your desire was followed by painful experiences?
- Describe a situation in your life where following your desire was followed by experiences of success and happiness?
- Where is the sign of Scorpio in your horoscope? Does it fall on a house cusp? If so, which one? How does Scorpio impact your thinking in this area of your life?
- Do you have any planets in Scorpio? If so, which planet/s? How does this influence you?
- What import life lessons can you learn about the role of Scorpio in your chart?
- What import life lessons can you learn about the role of properly directed desires?