Spiritual Cancer Meditation | Hermetic Astrology
June 22 thru July 23
Keyword: I Feel
Thoughts ruled by this sign belong to the
Best quality: Tenacity
Worst quality: Touchiness
Synonyms: : Sensation, sensitivity, touch, emotion, sentiment, mood, sense, impression, awareness, perception, consciousness, responsiveness, attitude, temperament, resolve, firmness, persistence, insistence, perseverance, cling, grip, adhere, hug, stick, hang, prickly, petulant, grumpy, cantankerous, snappy, irritable, crabby, sulky, moody.
Angels That Go Up and Down...
Over the next week take the time to reread the text on spiritual Cancer and to answer the following questions. The answers to these questions and subsequent Spiritual Exercises will form your journal of spiritual self-inquiry. This writing process can deepen your understanding of Hermetic Philosophy and The Brotherhood of Light Lessons, as well as provide insights into your own spiritual practices. Over time, you will gain in greater self-discovery, and have the means of tracking your own process of spiritual maturation.
- What are your earliest memories of being aware of your own feelings? Can you describe your memories of that event?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rate the intensity of your emotions?
- Are your feelings reliable, or are there times you have become worked up over something that later turned out to be insignificant?
- What subject matters or topics seem to have the greatest sway over your emotions?
- Would others describe you as a predominantly thinking or feeling person?
- Who are the persons who make you feel your best?
- Who are the persons who make you feel your worst?
- Do you ever suffer from periods of great emotional volatility? Describe those feelings. What triggers these bouts of intense feeling?
- Does the intensity of your emotions have an impact on the other people in your life?
- Do your moods fluctuate throughout the course of a day?
- Are you generally more inclined to indulge in moods that create personal pleasure or pain?
- How do your moods contribute or detract from your sense of peace and spiritual well-being?
- List your closest family members and describe your feelings about them.
- Are you a nurturer or caregiver? Who (people, pets, plants) do you nurture or care for the most?
- Where is the sign of Cancer in your horoscope? Does it fall on a house cusp? If so, which one? How does Cancer impact your thinking in this area of your life?
- Do you have any planets in Cancer? If so, which planet/s? How do these planets influence you?
- What import life lessons can you learn about the role of Cancer in your chart?