Spiritual Sagittarius Exercise
November 22 thru December 22
Keyword: I See
Thoughts Ruled by this Sign Belong to Comprehension Series
Best Quality: Loyalty
Worst Quality: Sportiveness
Synonyms: Coltish, dedicated, dependable, devoted, devout, faithful, frolicsome, impish, goofy, joking, lighthearted, lively, merry, playful, reliable, spirited, sportful, steadfast, teasing, true, true-blue, trustworthy, interested
Spiritual Text: “True
Religion is the Discernment of the Divine Plan and a Conscious Cooperation in
—C. C. Zain, Course 7,
Spiritual Sagittarius Exercises
By Christopher Gibson
Over the next week take the time to reread the text on
spiritual Scorpio and to answer the following questions. The answers to these
questions and subsequent Spiritual Exercises will form a journal of spiritual
self-inquiry. This writing process will deepen your understanding of The
Brotherhood of Light Lessons and Hermetic Philosophy as well as provide insights
into your own spiritual processes. Over time, you will gain in greater
self-discovery and self-realization and have the means of tracking your own
process of spiritual maturation.
- What are your earliest memories of having an awareness of the existence of a Divine Plan?
- Can you describe the occasion?
- How did this awareness change you or impact your life?
- What methods or techniques do you use for discerning your place in the Diving Plan?
- What do you see as your life’s purpose?
- How does your understanding of your Cosmic Mission inform your daily decision making?
- What is your definition of the “Higher Mind”?
- What techniques do you use to lift up your finite mind to Infinite Mind?
- Do you have a daily practice involving meditation, prayer, or contemplating the Divine?
- Describe your practice.
- Do you feel you are an “insightful” person?
- Do you have opportunities to be a teacher, mentor or advisor to others?
- Describe a situation where others have benefitted from your insights?
- What techniques do you use to alter your moods and create more uplifting vibrations?
- Do you have opportunities to spend time outdoors?
- Does the natural world make you feel more connected to Spirit?
- What are some of your favorite places to go in nature to feel more inspired?
- Where is the sign of Sagittarius in your horoscope? Does it fall on a house cusp? If so, which one? How does Sagittarius impact your thinking in this area of your life?
- Do you have any planets in Sagittarius? If so, which planet/s? How does this influence you?